A-Line Dress with a Twist :)



I got some new books for X-mas;
Transformational Reconstruction by Shingo Sato.
This is one of his techniques which I had to try :)



The dress is based on the A-Line pattern, but I omitted the pleats in front.
Since I wanted long sleeves, I chose transparent net and gather them 
and made cuffs of the same jersey as for the neck and waist.
I only lined the top since the fabric is heavyweight jersey.
To make it "pop" I decorated the top with different buttons I found in my stash :)
  





Comments

  1. Very interesting detail! How do you keep it laying flat? Does it not pucker when you stitch the two odd shapes together?
    The dress looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! the seam allowance are very small (about 5mm) and you have to iron it flat, den it will be nice :) it's will be easier to use cotton instead of jersey..

      Delete
  2. Love the detail, Ellen. Beautiful dress and you did a great work :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lace Blouse

50's Dress

Incredible journey...

"Puzzle" Dress

B & W COLLECTION 🖤🤍

Colorblock Collection!

Fancy Pockets

Part 2. 3rd Ep.Sewing Bee

Preview 1st Episode